You just bought one of our theme and you are wondering how to install it. This guide will explain you the two different ways to install your new theme. Both ways have the same end-result and are both fairly easy to do. The first way is to upload your theme directly from your WordPress admin area and the second way is to use a FTP client to upload the theme on your server.
Uploading your theme directly from your WordPress admin area
Even if both ways are easy to do, this is the fastest one. You will need your theme in ZIP format and follow these steps:
1. Go to Appearance > Themes
2. Click Add New at the top of the page
3. Click the Upload Theme button
4. Click on Choose File and select your theme ZIP file
5. Once your theme selected, click Install Now
6. When the installation is done, click on Activate and that’s it, you have installed your new theme
Uploading your theme on your server with a FTP client
To install your theme using this method, you will need a FTP client like FileZilla for PC or Cyberduck for Mac. Also the theme needs to be unzip to be uploaded.
1. Connect to your server and go at the root of your website, where WordPress is installed
2. Locate the /themes/ folder, the path to that folder is /yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/
3. Once you are in the /themes/ folder drag your theme folder inside
4. When the upload is finished, go in your WordPress admin area and then the Themes page
5. Activate your theme